Sunday, September 22, 2013

Autumn.....

is one of my favourite seasons (the other one is spring).  I love all the colours and the crisp air in the mornings.  It's a time when I take a look at what has been going on in my life that year and what needs changing, kinda of what most people do with their closets in the fall and spring... out with the old in with the new and winter is when I really relax before starting again in the spring.

As I'm sitting here typing I'm thinking about when I turned 40, I was in the best shape of my life!  I was running 1/2 marathons and living a very healthy life style.  Although I know exactly when things changed and why, I'm now realizing just how happy I was and how much I was always laughing... I loved life!

Fast forward and 8 years later I'm looking out the window and for the first time and I'm loving the colours and the crispness of the air again realizing just how long it has been.  I'm sitting with a huge cup of tea and just smiling, listening to the sounds and the quietness of this beautiful morning and what life has to offer.

Living a healthy life style doesn't just mean that you have to run races but it does mean that you have to exercise and eat healthy, it also means that ALL aspects of your life needs to be balanced (which is hard cause life isn't easy always) but when it does get tough you can manage it better, and this is what I forgot.  It's about sharing and not taking things seriously, it's about realizing that YOU are the only one that can control your own actions and reactions (something else I completely forgot).  

I hope you all have a wonderful day and be true to yourselves!!

E


No comments: