Monday, June 04, 2012

Monday morning!!

Good morning everyone!!

I hope everyone had a nice weekend, I sure did.  I'm now in the momentum of spending my weekend with a balance.  We got a lot done from weeding the yard to cooking and more cooking, and now even having the energy to sit a stitch for hours.

Since coming to the conclusion that I can't stitch in front of the TV (as mentioned in my last post) and resolving that I now can really call myself a stitcher and I'm thrilled with that.  Now I (we meaning hubby and me) have come to the conclusion that I'm not a night time stitcher either.  I wake up quite early and always have and as I'm getting older sleep is not always 6,7 or eight hours with no interruptions so now I stitch :-).  I'm up most of the time by 4am so now I stitch from 4-6 on Saturdays and Sundays.  That's not to say I don't stitch in the evening it's just that my stitching mojo is fully charged for my journey with the needle.

The other thing Hubby and I have noted that since Wednesday night I have not turned on the BOOB TUBE (aka TV) and what a delight!  Along with stitching, lawn work and cooking WE actually sat side-by-side him reading and me either reading or stitching.  We even talked all weekend!  Now don't misunderstand Hubby and I are always talking and laughing we have an AMAZING relationship, but somehow we both agree this was way different it was hours and hours and hours of together time and WE LOVED IT!

So here is a progress picture of Queen Spring (still not keen on the colours) loving the journey of seeing her being created with my hands.  :-)


And here is a picture of our AMAZING Lilac bush.

On that note; have a wonderful week!  Remember not to take things to seriously and be kind to others!

Thanks for stopping by I'm so thrilled that you did!!!

Edie

5 comments:

dulcinella said...

Beautiful stitching. What is it you don't like about the colors? Good for you to have found out when is the best time to stitch. It's different for everyone, I think.

milly said...

Hello Edie

Your stitching is just beautiful. I can't stitch and watch TV either - I always make mistakes.
Sounds like you have found the perfect time for your stitching.
Your lilac bush is gorgeous!

katica said...

lovely lilac bush! I'll bet the smell is just heavenly! Ours isn't nearly as big and we don't have very many blooms on it, but I love to go out and just enjoy the air full of their scent!

Your stitching is great! You've made excellent progress! What fabric are you stitching it on, your stitches look so tiny! Perfect but tiny!

We seem to be the opposite in stitching schedules, I'm restless and can't seem to settle in to stitch during the day. I'm more content and relaxed to stitch for hours at night time... sometimes only settling in after 8 or 9pm!

Barbi said...

Get progress! Is that linen that you're stitching in?
Our lilacs are in full bloom too right now, it's almost intoxicating.
I'm glad that you found your time to stitch!

Kaisievic said...

Hi Edie, I am a new follower. I came across from "I want to do one more stitch". Love your blog background and I know what you mean about getting up early to stitch (or blog in my case this morning) although not quite as early as 4am. I am having a 1st blogoversary giveaway, you can enter via my blog:

http://kittenstitching.blogpsot.com